Use This Template to Email Your Senators
- Secure the contact information for your Senators by visiting www.Senate.gov and using the “Find Your Senator” query tool in the upper right corner.
- Call the office and ask for the Health Legislative Assistant. You can either leave a voicemail or request their e-mail address and send them a message using the template below.
- Politely and occasionally follow up on your request. You should have an expectation that the office will respond to your specific concerns.
My name is _________ and I am a constituent from _________. I am also an advocate for the Primary Nephrotic Syndrome community. I write to urge you to vote NO on the Senate’s healthcare bill and go back to the drawing board.
The Senate healthcare bill would:
- Jeopardize patient access to quality, affordable & available coverage
- Cut-off health coverage for millions of Americans
- Bring back annual and lifetime caps on coverage
- Price people with pre-existing conditions out of the insurance market
I write to urge you to maintain stability for chronic disease patients as you and your colleagues consider healthcare reform. It is my hope that the Senate will develop a bill that preserves key patient protections and respects the circumstances of those combatting chronic and costly illnesses.
Specifically, please ensure any Senate proposal:
- maintains essential health benefits
- prohibits pre-existing condition discrimination
- prohibits lifetime and annual caps on benefits
- limits out-of-pocket costs for patients in a meaningful way
- allows young adults to stay on family coverage until they are 26
[Add a paragraph of brief information about your condition. Tell your story.]
Patients need a transparent, bipartisan effort to stabilize the insurance market, bring down premiums, and retain the protections that are so critical to patients, consumers and their families. I urge the Senate to go back to the drawing board, and work together to find ways to protect patients with serious illness.
Thank you for your time and your consideration of this letter. Please tell me how you have responded to my request.