Our Approach To Research
- The NKI Grants Program supports scientific investigators as they pursue research projects of critical importance to understanding
- Nephrotic Syndrome diseases.
- The new NephCure Accelerating Cures Institute is a creative partnership between NephCure Kidney International and the University of Michigan. The NephCure Accelerating Cures Institute is all about combating the obstacles that have made it impossible to provide new and better treatments and a cure.
- NKI also supports clinical research studies to accelerate new treatments.
- In 2014, NephCure established the NephCure Kidney Network (NKN) Patient Registry to include the patient perspective in driving new research. This Patient Powered Research Network (PPRN) will drive new studies to improve patient outcomes.
- NKI actively seeks engagement with the biotech-pharmaceutical industry and government representatives to accelerate drug development for FSGS and Nephrotic Syndrome and leverage new research dollars.
- NKI educates the Nephrotic Syndrome patient population about clinical studies in which they can participate.
- NKI supports scientific conferences to accelerate new research programs that will benefit our patient communities, including international conferences and meetings.
Recipe For A Cure
Watch this video to learn about the different stages of the research process and why each is essential to finding a cure!
For recent research news click here!