Highlighted Clinical Trials
DISCOVERY – Phase 2 Clinical Trial of APL-2 Therapy in Patients with IgAN, LN, Primary MN, and C3G.
- About the clinical trial: FIRSTx is a Phase 2 study to evaluate the safety and biologic activity of APL-2 in patients with complement-mediated nephropathies. The trial is open-label, and patients that participate will be involved with the trial for 1 year.
FIRSTx – A Study of Oral CXA-10 in Primary Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- About the clinical trial: FIRSTx is a Phase 2 study testing the safety and effectiveness of an investigational drug called CXA-10 designed to treat FSGS without steroids. This study will see if CXA-10 can reduce proteinuria while maintaining stable kidney function in people with FSGS.
Study of Sparsentan in FSGS (DUPLEX)
- About the clinical trial: The investigational drug (sparsentan) is a dual acting angiotensin receptor blocker and endothelin receptor agonist. The active control is irbesartan. This is a randomized, multicenter, double-blind, parallel, active-control study. Approximately 300 patients aged 8 to 75 years (inclusive) will be enrolled in the study. The study will be conducted in approximately 150 study centers, globally.
Pilot Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Abatacept in Adults and Children 6 Years and Older With Excessive Loss of Protein in the Urine Due to Either Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) or Minimal Change Disease (MCD)
- About the clinical trial: The purpose of this study is evaluate if abatacept is effective and safe in decreasing the level of protein loss in the urine in patients with excessive loss of protein in the urine (nephrotic syndrome) due to either focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) or minimal change disease (MCD). Candidates must have a prior kidney biopsy with either diagnosis.
The PODO Trial: Trial to Evaluate PF-06730512 in Adults with FSGS
- About this Clinical Trial: The purpose of this Phase 2 adaptive study is to evaluate PF-06730512 following multiple intravenous infusions in adult patients with primary FSGS. Patients will receive treatment for 12 weeks while participating in this trial.
A Study of CCX140-B in Subjects with FSGS
- About this Clinical Trial: The aim of this study is to evaluate the effect of treatment with CCX140-B in patients with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis on urinary protein excretion, which will be measured by changes in UPCR
Our Approach To Research
- NephCure supports clinical trials to accelerate new treatments.
- NephCure actively seeks engagement with the biotech-pharmaceutical industry and government representatives to accelerate drug development for FSGS and Nephrotic Syndrome and leverage new research dollars.
- NephCure educates the Nephrotic Syndrome patient population about clinical studies in which they can participate.
- NephCure supports scientific conferences to accelerate new research programs that will benefit our patient communities, including international conferences and meetings.
- The NephCure-Neptune Ancillary Grant Program supports scientific investigators as they pursue research projects of critical importance to understanding Nephrotic Syndrome diseases.
For recent research news click here!