Internships and Community Service Opportunities
**All positions on this page are unpaid. College credit can be offered.**
You’re a journalism/PR/marketing major looking for an internship. You want an internship that is both cool and productive as a tool for getting an actual job so you don’t have to live with your parents post-graduation. Sound about right?
Then join our dedicated team and build your portfolio by writing features and news articles, creating powerful on-brand content, and contributing to mind-blowing, effective marketing campaigns. With your help, we will maximize our effectiveness and improve our ability to serve our non-profit constituents around the globe.
We seek well-educated, driven individuals who can collaborate on teams and operate independently. Ideal candidates will claim excellent writing skills, and the clips to back up their claim, experience writing and editing news and/or feature articles, and multi-media savvy. Experience at a college newspaper or marketing/PR firm is a huge bonus. Are you a Photoshop or InDesign wiz? Even better.
Compensation: For credit and possible travel stipend.
Location: On-site and remote (telecommuting) opportunities available.
To apply: Email your resume and writing samples (all mistake free and in PDF format) to email@example.com.
Research Department interns play a vital role in all aspects of research programming. In particular, NephCure Kidney International provides interns with the opportunity to help develop our new patient registry project, clinical trial outreach program, and exciting patient education materials and events.
- This position is unpaid and college credit can be offered
- This individual must have strong knowledge of biology, clinical or basic science research and databases
- This critical position requires creative thinking, a solutions-oriented mindset and multi-tasking proficiency
- Internships run from September-December, January-April, and May-August
- Interns must be available to commit at least 15 hours per week (full days are preferred)
- Responsible for coordinating fundamental functions of NephCure Kidney Network Patient Registry
- Contributes to new Clinical Trials outreach program
- Assists in marketing NephCure research opportunities
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature and provide updates for the Registry Website
- Helps write research abstracts for scientific conferences and produces reports about the NKN registry
- Assists in organization of educational programs nationwide
- Provides critical help in updating and quality control of the constituents records in Raisers Edge Database
- Is a responsive resource to patients and families dealing with NS and FSGS
- US Citizen or US permanent resident (Alien Registration number is required for US permanent residents)
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, undergraduate/graduate school. If a recent graduate, graduate degree must have been awarded no more than two years prior to application deadline. Pre-Med students will be preferred
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (minimum) for applicants who have not yet received a Master’s degree
- The applicants must have science background as well as experience and/or education in any of the following areas: pre-med, public health, epidemiology, nursing, health education, science writing or biostatistics
- Strong computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team, and act in a professional and positive manner when dealing with the public
- A working knowledge of the non-profit and philanthropic industry a plus
- An understanding of renal biology and kidney diseases a big plus
How to Apply:
Applications are welcome throughout the year.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org