You may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada. Exceptions to this rule include Canadian citizens, Canadian permanent residents, US citizen, or visitors with a valid visa. If you are a lawful permanent residents of the US or a citizen from a country outside the US or Canada who will not be acquiring a visa, you MUST apply for an eTA. If you are not one of these exceptions and you do not have an eTA, you will not be able to board your flight. It costs 7 CAD per person to receive, takes only minutes to apply for, and is valid for 5 years. If you need one, please acquire it at least 1 week before travel. To see if you will need an eTA or a visa to visit, please take the quick survey here. To find out more about eTAs and/or to apply for one, click here.
By air www.admtl.com/en
Between Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport and Marriott Hotel:
- Bus from the airport (click to open a page showing the schedule of the airport-downtown bus).
- The airport-downtown bus fare: 10 CAD, estimated time 40-60 min. The stop is within a walking distance from the Marriott venue
- Estimated taxi fare: 40 CAD (one way, 25 min ride)
- Sedan limo service from airport (60 CAD, one way) or booked through the hotel concierge (fee: 95 CAD (one way); reservations are not required)
- This hotel does not provide a dedicated airport-hotel shuttle service.
VIA Rail operates Canada’s national passenger rail service and provides a safe, cost-effective and environmentally responsible service from coast to coast. The VIA Rail network extends 12,500 km, serving over 400 communities across Canada with over 500 trains weekly. AMTRAK also serves Montréal with a daily service to and from New York City. The Montreal Central station (Gare Central) is within walking distance (300 m) from the venue.
Montreal is accessible by highway with many roads and expressways leading to the city. The distances and time: from Toronto : 543 km/337 mi – 5 hrs 30 min; from Ottawa: 199km/123 mi – 2 hrs; from Quebec-city: 250km/155mi – 2hrs 30 min; from Boston: 497 km/308 mi – 5 hrs; from New York city: 610 km/379 mi – 6 hrs. The parking at the venue is 25 CAD per day (36 CAD valet parking)
- additional useful information how to get around Montreal (tab that will contain map of subway, bus/subway fare, etc.
- Important Notes: Updating for details specific to personal travel, luggage and health insurance are recommended. Please purchase this from your local travel agent. Kindly note the organizers and other sponsors cannot be responsible for participants lacking appropriate insurance coverage.