We’re here to support you during this unprecedented time.
NephCure Kidney International is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation as it evolves. Here you will find our latest information and updates on actions we’re taking to support our rare kidney disease community through this challenging time.
Message from our CEO, Josh Tarnoff
Guidelines and FAQs for kidney disease patients
- Nephrotic Syndrome and COVID-19 – Updated Guidelines (June 25, 2020)
- COVID-19 Patient FAQs (March 31, 2020)
- Clinical Trials and COVID-19: FAQs from Patients to Sponsors (March 31, 2020)
- Frequently asked questions from Transplant candidates and recipients (Updated online: March 19, 2020)
- Guidance on COVID-19 for Pediatric Kidney Disease Patients (March 13, 2020)
- Special update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) for kidney disease patients (March 10, 2020)
- EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS
- NephCure U Series – Physician-hosted Virtual education, with topics like Genetic Testing, Diet & Nutrition, Clinical Trials, IgAN, C3G, Membranous Nephropathy, and more. Click the links below to register.
- Chats with Nurse Kristen – an every other week opportunity to hear from our resident health expert on topics like How to Have a Virtual Doc Visit, Adrenal Insufficiency, Medications, Biopsies, and more. Join on Facebook Live.
- SUPPORT OFFERINGS
- NephCure QuaranTEENS – virtual gatherings for teens, ages 13-17 with protein spilling kidney disease. Moderated by Savannah Dauster. Second Wednesday of the month, starting July 8 at 4pm EDT. Register now!
- NephCure Peer Connections Adult Support Group – virtual gatherings for adults with protein-spilling kidney disease as well as affected parents and caregivers. Moderated by peers, this monthly gathering is a great way to connect with others like you from the comfort of your home. Second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 8pm EDT. Register now!
- NephCure Parents’ Place – virtual Zoom gatherings for parents of children with protein spilling kidney disease. Moderated by Kelly Helm. Held the second Tuesday of every month at 2pm EDT. Register now!
- NephCure KIDS – virtual, password-protected gatherings for children ages 7-12. Join NephCure and various guest speakers to gather virtually to get to know one another, learn about various topics, and complete activities together. Click the link below to register.
Recordings of Past Programs
- To see past recordings and other NephCure learning materials, visit NephCure.org/Learning
Research on COVID-19 and Kidney Disease
- COVID-19, Racism, and Racial Disparities in Kidney Disease: Galvanizing the Kidney Community Response (Published online: July, 2020)
- Rationing Scarce Resources: The Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (Published online: July, 2020)
- AKI and Collapsing Glomerulopathy Associated with COVID-19 and APOL1 High-Risk Genotype (Published online: June, 2020)
- Indirect effects of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 on the kidney in coronavirus disease patients (Published online: May 22, 2020)
- Prognosis of COVID-19 in Patients with Liver and Kidney Diseases: An Early Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (Published online: May 15, 2020)
- The severity of COVID-19 in children on immunosuppressive medication (Published online: May 13, 2020)
- Risk of COVID-19 in young kidney transplant recipients. Results from a single-center observational study (Published online: May 12, 2020)
- How COVID-19 Has Changed the Management of Glomerular Diseases (Published online: April 24, 2020)
- The aftermath of coronavirus disease of 2019: devastation or a new dawn for nephrology? (Published online: April 17, 2020)
- Collapsing Glomerulopathy in a Patient With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Published online: April 9, 2020)
- Early experience with COVID-19 in kidney transplantation (Published online: April 9, 2020)
- COVID-19 infection in kidney transplant recipients (Published online: April 9, 2020)
- On the Frontline of the COVID-19 Outbreak: Keeping Patients on Long-Term Dialysis Safe (Published online: March 28, 2020)
- Sound Science before Quick Judgement Regarding RAS Blockade in COVID-19 (Published online: March 27, 2020)
- Management of hemodialysis patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection: perspective of two nephrologists in the United States (Published online: March 25, 2020)
- Mitigating Risk of COVID-19 in Dialysis Facilities (Published online: March 20, 2020)
- The Novel Coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys (Published online: March 07, 2020)
Resources for Healthcare Professionals and Industry
- American Society of Nephrology: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- #NephJC and COVID-19
- Covid-19 Organ Donation and Transplantation Town Hall (Recorded March 23, 2020)
- GlomCon “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Mitigation and Support Strategies in Patients with GN or Transplant” (Recorded March 18, 2020)
- Industry-focused Clinical Trial Webinar Series, with topics like: Questions to consider when designing your study, Patient Journey Panel, Pediatric Inclusion Considerations, and more. Coming soon!
Online patient education programs are brought to you by Retrophin, Inc. and Pfizer, with additional support provided by Kaneka, Chinook Therapeutics, and other contributors to our COVID-19 Emergency Fund.