There are many resources for kidney friendly recipes. Here are a few helpful links:
- DaVita – Recipes: This website has over 1,000 renal friendly recipes and a free Diet Helper service!
- The American Association of Kidney Patients – Kidney Friendly Recipes: A great resource with many recipes for all meals!
- The Kidney Foundation of Canada – Kidney Kitchen Cookbook: A community cookbook that includes options for beverages, breakfast, lunch, and dinner! There is also a meal plan option.
- The National Kidney Foundation – My Food Coach: Allows you to specify your diet between full renal diet, low sodium, and diabetic.
- The American Heart Association – Nutrition Center: Provides a lot of tips on dining out, cooking, and healthy shopping.
- Heart Healthy Online – Low Sodium Recipes: If you’ve been advised to follow a low-sodium diet, these delicious recipes are perfect for you – they all have 140 mg or less of sodium per serving.
- Mega Heart – Low Sodium Recipes: This site has a lot of low sodium recipes and there is even a kid’s section!
Have a recipe you LOVE to make? Share your own Kidney Friendly Recipes in our online community, NephSpace!