Our Support Volunteers are committed to offering support and sharing their experiences with others who are facing similar challenges associated with NS or FSGS.
We value our Support Volunteers because they:
- Provide a wealth of knowledge, awareness, and first hand experiences
- Are located all across the world
- Have resources at their fingertips
- Wish to help others by sharing their experiences in living with and coping with FSGS and NS
Our Patient Connections Program is designed to connect individuals via email or phone based upon any or all of the following: specific geographical area, diagnosis, symptoms, complications, or age of individuals. This gives volunteers the chance to help other patients using their experience in roles that they feel most comfortable with.
Criteria for Support Volunteers:
- Diagnosed with or Caretaker of someone with FSGS or a disease causing NS for at least 3 years
- Have access to email
- Reliable and responsive
- Able to communicate well with others and with NKI
- Empathetic, yet empowering
- Culturally sensitive and understanding
- Someone others can relate to, identify with and learn from
- Have a general understanding of FSGS/NS
- Willing to complete an short application and share your story
- Attend a web based training
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in helping other patients, click here to sign up to be a support volunteer.