Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of NephCure’s mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on NephCure’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to NephCure’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing NephCure will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of NephCure or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share. [NephCure does NOT share mailing lists with any outside organization.]
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers. Any questions about your donation should be addressed to Mark Stone, CEO or Jessica Martin, National Director of Program Operations.
NephCure Kidney International will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by NephCure, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.