Reports to: Regional Manager, Development
Location: King of Prussia/Philadelphia area
Company Overview: NephCure Kidney International (NephCure) is the only organization committed exclusively to accelerating research for effective treatments for rare forms of Nephrotic Syndrome. Additionally, we provide education and support to improve the lives of those affected by these protein-spilling kidney diseases.
The Event Coordinator will work with NephCure’s Development Department to help spearhead the growth of special events and development for the organization. The Event Coordinator will work remotely and out of the national office in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate will exhibit a commitment to the mission, vision, and values of NephCure. The candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communications skills, and work well with a team.
The Event Coordinator will report to the Regional Manager under the guidance of the National Director of Advancement to assist in event logistics and all aspects of event organization, including:
- Finding and booking travel accommodations, creating itineraries, processing vendor contracts, tracking event participation, and ordering and shipping supplies.
- Managing all pre/post event marketing and communication with donors and volunteers, including invitation printing and emails
- Managing software platforms such as Salesforce and Neon One to keep current records of donor data and OneCause/Grandstand and other platforms to manage mobile auction registration and bidding.
- Assisting with other events as necessary.
- Assisting with vendors, PO’s, invoices and receipting, tax exempt and insurance certificate applications.
- Providing administrative, logistical and event support to Development staff and fundraising events.
- Completing any additional tasks in support of the department.
- Maintaining and updating Neon One web pages for all fundraising events
- Assisting with the creation of communications via Office Administration
- Overseeing all donor acknowledgement letters, including:
- General donations
- All event donations/IRS tax receipt letters
- Assisting with mailings and shipping
- Ordering event supplies
- Verifying matching gifts
- Overseeing Facebook fundraisers
- Managing the NephCure Curemakers program
- Assisting with walks and volunteer community fundraisers as needed
- Sending post-event communications
- Maintaining Salesforce and Neon One databases to:
- Record donations
- Process and mail gift acknowledgments
- Manage data entry and cleanup
- Other duties as assigned
The Event Coordinator must be focused and energetic with the ability to work well independently and collaboratively. They must have a high level of visual, verbal, and written communication knowledge and skills, and be able to support the fulfillment of the organization’s overall goals. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Ability to attend assigned events. Occasional participation in evening and weekend events is expected.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with working with people at all levels. Pleasant phone demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to self-manage time. Willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This flexible position will work remotely and from the national office in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. This is a full-time exempt position.
NephCure offers a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment. Travel is budgeted at 5%. NephCure has an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and group life insurance, with the option to purchase individual short-term and long-term disability and life insurance. NephCure also offers paid holidays, 30 PTO days per year, and a 401(k) after 6 months of employment with company match up to 4%. NephCure offers competitive salaries and promotion potential. NephCure is an EOE.
Start date: Open until filled.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include your reason of interest in the position, work experience, salary requirements, and contact information.
NOTE: Candidates must be local to the national office in King of Prussia. NephCure does not pay for relocation expenses. NephCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants, and program beneficiaries. NephCure does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation, or citizenship.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.