Chef Sachet is not only navigating her career as a private chef during a global pandemic, but also caring for her young son diagnosed with FSGS. She sticks to a kidney-conscious diet when she cooks. While we recently shared Sachet’s ‘Seasonings Edition,’ she now presents a yummy homemade, low-sodium spaghetti and meatballs recipe that includes those seasoning blends. Enjoy!
Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Mix the ground beef and italian sausage by hand in a bowl. Then add seasoning, breadcrumbs and egg.
- Set aside.
- Boil noodles, drain & cool. Then set aside.
- Chop all the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute in large pot on medium heat for 10 minutes until veggies are translucent.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll meatballs using a ice cream scooper or large spoon onto a sheet tray. (TIP: Portion all the meatballs then oil your hands and roll each into perfect balls – this will help the meatballs from sticking to your hands).
- Once veggies for sauce are broken down, add tomato products and water. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bake meatballs on 375 for 15 minutes.
- Once sauce is simmered, add garlic and herbs.
- Remove meatballs from oven, drain grease and add to sauce, let simmer for 10 min.
- Once sauce and meatballs are simmered and tasty add pasta and DEVOUR!!!!!!!!