As schools are closing and some parents are working from home more than they regularly do, you may find your family spending more time together than before.
Here’s a fun experiment to do with your kids to explain the importance of washing our hands amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
- What you’ll need:
- Pepper (which acts as the germs)
- Bowl of water (which acts as surface of our skin on our hands)
- Step 1:
- Shake pepper on top of the water. Give it a good coat! These are the germs that are on the surface of our skin.
- Step 2:
- Have your child stick one fingertip directly into the bowl of water with pepper or “germs” on it.
- You’ll see the germs stick all over your hand when you don’t wash your hands!
- Step 3:
- Rub a clean fingertip in soap. Make sure it is coated well.
- Step 4:
- Stick the finger with the soap on it into the “germy” water and watch the germs spread out across the water!
- This is because the soap breaks down the virus!