Going back to school can be an exciting, yet stressful time for parents of children with Nephrotic Syndrome! Here are some tips to set your child up for success during the 2018-2019 School year!
- Educate teachers, school nurses and administration on Nephrotic Syndrome and the effects of your child’s treatment.
- Teach your child good hand washing technique.
- Meet with your child’s teacher and discuss ways to set your child up for success.
- Have the school administration send a note home to the parents of your child’s classmates asking them to follow your school’s illness guidelines.
- Set up a health care plan that will protect your child and allow for necessary accommodations during the school day.
Visit our School Accommodations page for detailed information about school health plans, educational hand outs, and more!